In 1859 Mr. Thomas Manker gave two acres of his land for a cemetery and a small log church which became known as Falling Creek Baptist Church. At the time the Village of Alligator was nearby in what is now known as Lake City in Columbia County, and that area was in Suwannee County. He built the church himself, perhaps with some help from other members of the community. The structure he built was used until the church became defunct near 1872. The first and only pastor of Falling Creek Baptist Church was Reverend Kinsey Chambers from around 1859 until 1872.